Laura Yohnka, Occupational Therapist, has been a member of Iroquois Memorial Hospital for 5 years and has over 8 years of experience overall.
Laura Yohnka holds a masters in Occupational Therapy. She does not specialize in one particular area of OT, however, she views her flexibility as an asset to the IMH Rehab Services Team. Laura states, “Not specializing in one area serves me well. At IMH we cover many different practice areas, such as outpatient, inpatient acute, Resident Home, and Home Health.”
When asked why she enjoys working at IMH, Laura said, “I enjoy the people I work with. We look out for each other and advocate for each other. We’re like a weird family.” She also believes that’s a good reason for people to come to IMH for their therapy. “The IMH Therapy team, as a whole, is a lot of fun. We’re all down to earth and laid back. We like to joke around, but we also work really hard to get our patients to meet their goals.” Laura is passionate about the work her team does. As Laura states, “Occupational therapy is about working with our patients and developing their skills to accomplish what is important to them. We facilitate independence and aim to help people regain the skills that they may have lost, due to an illness or injury.”
Occupational Therapist, Laura Yohnka made it easier for you to get to know a little more about her, with a few fun facts:
- I live in Momence with my two cats, who are named after characters in my favorite book series.
- I like to bake, read, spend time with my friends and family, and woodworking.
- I like listening to true crime podcasts and watching true crime documentaries.
- Parks and Recreation is my favorite show and I deeply identify with Ron Swanson.
- I know a lot of useless information that makes me good at trivia.
- My favorite movies are Princess Bride, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and Guardians of the Galaxy.
Iroquois Memorial Hospital’s Rehab Services Department offers a variety of rehabilitation services to help you recover and get back to doing what you love. When you or a family member need rehabilitative care, contact IMH’s Rehab Services at 815.432.2051.